Spinning bikes exercise is one of the best exercise experiences even if you don’t really know how to use a real bike. An indoor bike such as a spinning bike allows you to feel like you are riding a real bike without worrying certain safety measures that you need to be aware of. Additionally, spinning bikes offers aerobic workouts as well. It will improve the muscle tone of your body, specifically your hips, thighs and buttocks.
Though you may find computerized and non-computerized spinning bikes, however those extra features attached to it may not really be necessary. Especially if those are the only things that makes it a bit expensive, one can live or exercise without those things anyway. The most important thing is that you’ll be able to burn those fats and calories that’s been lingering inside your system for quite a long time now.
Even though most gym nowadays, have both the traditional and the computerized ones. You can choose which is best suited for you. You can opt to choose the Upright bikes which is almost identical to real bikes or the recumbent bike which put you into a different position, literally. Such kind of bike is perfect for people who are suffering from back problems since they support the lower back, which the upright bike does not.
Exercising With Spinning Bikes
In a spinning bikes exercise, you can actually preset your resistance level. It is however important that you don’t set its resistance much too high if you’re just a beginner. You have to get a good exercise, but cycling is not supposed to hurt even for a newbie such as yourself. However, if you feel having a continuous pain, it is a sign then that your preset resistance is too high for your fitness level.
There are several variations in a spinning class or in indoor cycling. Spinning bikes exercise attempts to imitate the experience of on-road cycling. The pedal and resistance in a spin class differs from a beginner would personally experience with an ordinary stationary bike.
Music as well as an instructor should be included on the list of must have when doing spinning exercises. As they offer certain level of intensity which may even include certain guided imagery, which the instructor may help you envision several types of scenarios while doing the workouts.
Take note however that spin classes are quite intense. Therefore you should ride a regular bike first and work up before joining a spin class.
On the other hand, if you are not a people person, you can opt to have it in your own home and do your own spinning workouts. Just make sure to follow a certain program which will guide you in achieving what you hope for in doing such exercises.
Spinning Bikes Buying Guide
You have been attending spinning bikes classes for months now and you feel like you are ready to take it to the next level. Your next decision would be to look at a spinning bikes buying guide to check out the latest model and which one has the best review from users.
Investing your hard earned money on spinning bikes is a huge step to make. You think that reading different spinning bikes buying guide magazines or online reviews is enough to help you make the decision, but it is not. It does help, but it should not be your sole basis when you make that big leap. After reading the countless reviews about the different spinning bikes available to you, your next step could be renting different spinning bikes yourself. This will help you to familiarize yourself with the controls, adjustments and the general feel of a specific brand and model that you may have set your eyes and budget on.
- Consulting with your instructor and getting their opinions about the advantages and disadvantages is another practical spinning bikes buying guide that you can utilize.
- While you are taking spinning bikes classes, it is best that you try the different brands and models available at the fitness center to be able to get a feel for each brand and find out what suits you best.
- To help you formulate your personalized spinning bikes buying guide, you may want to bring with you a sales or spinning bikes specialist to the store where you are planning to get your spinning bike from. This is most especially true when you are buying a second hand or used spinning bike.
- Once you have reached your decision on which one to buy, make sure that you are armed with the basics of spinning bikes buying guide when you walk through the door of the store. There is no need to worry; a company that has a good reputation will not ruin their name just to make a quick sale.
- While at the store, ask the representative the questions that you have in mind.
- Do not hesitate to try out the spinning bike that you are planning to purchase, check if it allows you to customize it according to your specific needs.
- Inspect the parts of the spinning bike, carefully making sure that there are no missing parts or even screws on any part of the equipment.
- Try the height of the bike, make sure that it is comfortable for you. If it does not feel comfortable, try adjusting the handle bars, seats and check if you will be more comfortable after making the adjustments. If after everything, you still don’t feel comfortable, it may be time to reconsider your options.
- Purchasing any equipment should not just burn a hole in your pocket. It should be able to pay for itself overtime. Check available spinning bikes buying guide resources to make sure that you don’t regret it when you make that final decision.
Cost Effective Ways to Maintain Your Spinning Bikes
The ease of use of spinning bikes has made it one of the more popular choices when it comes to fitness equipment. Spinning bikes maintenance is another reason for some people to choose this machine compared to regular outdoor type bicycles. Regular outdoor type bicycles can contract dirt, dust or worse yet mud and water, while a spinning bike does not. But even with these subtle differences, you should still make sure that you take care of this health investment properly.
For proper spinning bikes maintenance, you will need a few things at hand. A clean cloth or towel to wipe off sweat and oils is needed every after workout. If you need to check the parts of your machine, do not forget to have your spinning bikes maintenance manual near you. This will come in handy when you need to take out or tighten a few screws with your screwdriver which may have become loose because of the vibration of the machine.
Before and after each use, always wipe off your spinning bikes clean by using a rag with some sanitizer. Since spinning bikes are used indoors where no breeze can blow away your sweat, the sweat that your produce drops directly onto your machine. The salt content of sweat can prove to be corrosive to some parts of the bike or strip it off of its lubricants which in turn can damage the equipment. Prevent these things from happening to your investment by wiping it every after use.
Part of the proper spinning bikes maintenance routine is making sure that the cable parts of the equipment are relaxed every after use. Learn how to release the tension of these cables by reading your manual and make a habit out of checking the cables every after use. The reason for this is that, cables and wires stretch when left at a tensed state. This would make the cables wear out faster than normal resulting to buying replacement for them earlier than you should.
Regular use of your spinning bike warrants a monthly inspection as part of your regular spinning bikes maintenance check. Consult your manual and carefully take out what is called the cowlings of the machine. Wash them using a de-greaser and re-grease them before putting them back on your bike. Do not forget to check the screws that connect the parts together periodically. Lubricating is another important step of your spinning bikes maintenance. Use the proper lubricant on the moving parts of your machine to make sure that it works smoothly every time you use it. Tighten loose screws as these may cause any unnecessary accidents while using the equipment if left unaddressed over time.
With proper care and maintenance, you can be assured that your investment will work well for a long period of time.