What defines a good body? Popped up biceps, muscular chest or broad shoulder? Well, the answer is symmetry. A symmetrical physique is a perfect physique where all of the body parts grow in the right proportions. Not all bodybuilders can maintain the balance of their body; as a result, some parts of their body get big and bulky as compared to others. A symmetrical body has a flow in it, that is, all the body parts are symmetrical. Not one part of the body is bigger or thinner. And for building a balanced body, you must work on your leg or the lower body, at little more than what you do on the upper part of the body. And if this is scaring you off then don’t worry, there are several workouts that you can do at your home. Leg workouts at home are pretty simple; you don’t need those heavy machines and weights. Many body weight leg exercises can help you generate the same result as with the use of weights. Thus, you can very easy start your leg workout at home, and get the desired body without spending much money. In this article, you will learn about different leg exercises at home.
How much should you workout to train your legs?
Legs are the most difficult region to groom, as many muscles make up your lower body. Another reason why toning legs would seem so hard is that your legs are habitual of working. Leg muscles are usually immune to basic intensity workouts as they already work much harder on regular days. We walk, run, climb, stand all by our legs, doing all this can train your muscles and make them immune towards regular leg workouts. Therefore, you need to increase the intensity of your workout to get these thick muscles fatigue. Body weight leg exercises are therefore the best leg workouts at home. The tougher your workout is, the easier it will be for your muscles to grow.
Starting a leg workout at home could be tough, your legs will resist, but you have to make things work. Doing more reps, different exercises and trying the workout in a different way could help you. The number of reps usually varies from one exercise to another, but if you are a beginner, then you must start your leg exercises at home, with lower repetitions. For compound exercises, you must use 4-6 reps while for the isolation exercises you must go for 8-12 reps.
No matter what exercise you chose, what is important is, the way you perform it. Doing the workout properly is crucial, a little mistake can cause a delay in the results or worse, cause some serious injury.
5 bodyweight leg workouts you can do at home
It’s true that body workout is more effective when done with weights. But not everyone can afford buying weights, even if you could buy them, you cannot carry them everywhere you go. So if you travel, you may have to give up on your workout for a few days, which will ruin your hard work and you may have to start all over again.
But you don’t have to worry because below are some leg exercises at home, that you can do anywhere without any tool or equipment.
1. Bodyweight Squats
Squats are the most commonly performed body weight leg exercises. Men and women both perform this exercise to ton their lower body muscles. Use of weights or dumbbells is very common in squats, but you can use your own body weight and generate the same results. For performing the movement you must:
- Place your feet shoulder’s width apart, your back straight and butt out. Now move both your arms forward, in front of your body.
- Now look straight and bend your knees, as if you were about to sit on a chair. Make sure both your hand remains still.
- While you bend your knees, your body will move down. You must lower your body so much that your thighs look parallel to the ground.
Squats are very effective for all the three regions of the legs; therefore they are the best Leg workouts at home.
2. Frog Jumps
Frog jumps are an example of compound exercises that can help you target your leg muscles. It is a high power exercise which can increase your heart beat and muscle growth.
- You can start the exercise with your legs slightly more than your shoulder’s width.
- Now touch the ground between your feet with your hands.
- Now push your body up with the help of your thigh. While you jump up you must lift your hands up too.
Frog jump may sound easy, but it’s not. You can do two or three sets of the workout twice a week.
3. Hip Thrusts
Hip thrust may look crazy, but in reality they are very effective for your glutes. The exercise can help you gain strength as your buttock muscles actually bear the weight of your whole body through this workout. This can be a great and effective leg workout plans for women
- For starting the workout you must lie flat on the ground
- Now lift your knees until your legs form a 90 degree angle, while you keep your arms straight on the floor.
- Now lift your butt and hold this position for a few seconds.
It is recommended that you do this exercise at the end of your leg workout at home .
4. Box Step-Ups
Box step-ups are very similar to walking up on a staircase. If you walk long stairs, then you may understand how effective the workout can be. Now since not everyone has a staircase to perform this leg workout at home, therefore you need some stable boxes or a chair to perform the exercise.
- Place one or two or you can place a chair 10 and 12 inches high box in front of you.
- Now stand in front of the box or chair and step up on the box with one leg at a time.
- You must switch your legs and do at least 10-15 reps to get better results.
The workout is best suited when done after squats, as it gives that high intensity that you need to fail your muscles.
5. Bodyweight Lunges
Another very easy and famous workout can be done with and without weights. You can generate a very effective result with your own body weight, so don’t worry as leg excercises at home can be done without extra weight.
- Stand straight and split your legs in a way that you look like you are about to run.
- Now gently lower your body weight onto your front leg. Make sure that your knee doesn’t go beyond your toes.
- Now slowly push your body up again, with the support of your thigh.
- Repeat the exercise for as many times as required.
Make sure you keep your knee balanced and in position on you may face some major injury.Also, Learn about At Home Chest Workout Proven to Make You Massive
The above mentioned exercises work for both men and women; you can easily perform them as your leg workout at home. Squats and lunges are the best body weight leg exercises for both the beginners and trainers. Perform the right number of reps and you will see some amazing result with your leg workouts at home