Overnight Oats are an ideal breakfast for people who are busy. They’re simple to prepare, healthy, and can be customized with endless flavor and topping combos. Oats make a great breakfast base, since they release energy into your bloodstream slowly. This means you feel fuller for longer, so you will be less tempted to snacks mid-morning.
If you’re looking for recipe inspiration, then the infographic below details exactly how to make Healthy Overnight Oats.
We’ve also got an exclusive recipe from the new book Healthy Overnight Oats. This protein-packed recipe is a healthy twist on a summer dessert… Peaches and cream are a classic, but by adding Greek yogurt instead of traditional cream, you can super-boost your protein intake.
Protein Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats
- ½ cup or 40g rolled oats
- ¼ cup or 120ml milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ¼ cup or 1 individual pot of low-fat Greek style yogurt
- 1 peach, sliced with stone removed
- Put rolled oats, milk, and honey into a mason jar.
- Stir thoroughly so that everything is mixed together and the oats are fully soaked in liquid.
- Place the lid on the jar and keep overnight in the refrigerator (or for a minimum of 4 hours).
- The next morning, stir in the yogurt and top with sliced peach, then serve.