Like abs, arms are the first and most important body part of any person. Women want toned and slender arms while men prefer masculine and pumped up arms. No one is born with the perfect shaped arms, if you know someone who says that they have good arm genetically, then you know that they are lying. Unlike calves, which are genetically shaped, good arms are the result of some hardcore workout. When people hear the word workout, they think they need to go to the gym and pick some heavy weights, which is not true at all. There are so many at home arm workouts that you can do with your own body weight. So you don’t need to get expensive memberships for gym nor have you to buy dumbbells or heavy equipment.
Understand the structure of your arms
For shaping your arms there are two basic muscles that you must target. One is triceps and the other is biceps. For working your arm muscles you must select a workout or exercise that you can easily perform 6-12 reps of. People usually target either the triceps muscles or the bicep muscles solely, but for getting the balanced look, you must target both the muscles equally.
Triceps muscles are located on the back of the arm; therefore they are usually ignored by men. But if you want to have thicker and bigger arms than you have to train your triceps. These are the largest muscles of arm, therefore, they can help you gain mass and volume. Triceps training is not only important for men, it’s equally important for women. Women’s body can store more fat in different regions of their body such as thighs and arms. Therefore it’s important for women to train triceps as it can help them gain strength and shape.
The most common and popular muscle is biceps muscle. Ask any kid to show muscles and he will make the bicep pose. Biceps muscles are located in the front arm and are relatively small. But that doesn’t mean that you don’t need to train them. Biceps training can help you gain strength and power, besides training these muscles will help you perfect your posture.
Some easy triceps exercise that you can do for at home arm workout
at home arm exercises are the easiest to follow and perform. You don’t need machines and heavy weights to perform these workouts and they are equally effective to those difficult gym workouts. So you can really follow these workouts and gain your desired body.
1. Diamond Push-Up
Diamond push-ups are one of the easiest at home arm workouts that you can do. The exercise is equally effective, so try these and you will see a major difference.
For regular push-ups, you have to place your hand on a shoulder’s width, but for a diamond push-up you must place your hand together and elbows close to the body, this way you will emphasize more on your triceps. Below is your step to step guide for performing the exercise:
- For your starting position, you must lie on the floor and place your thumbs and index fingers together, making a small triangle or diamond shape in front of your chest.
- Now like a regular push-up, lower your body so much that your chest would touch the back of your hand.
- Now push your body up, make sure that you keep your back straight in the whole workout.
If the workout seems too difficult then you must try to push up against the wall. And if the workout seems very easy then you can use a backpack as extra weight.Read this article to know At Home Chest Workout Proven to Make You Massive
Dips are another very effective workout for your triceps and chest muscles.
There are several variations that you can do, according to your body goal. Here is your step to step guide for performing the workout.
- For the workout, you must balance yourself between two benches or chair. Keep your feet on one chair and hands on the other.
- Keep your chest and back straight throughout the workout.
- Now lower your body in a way that your elbows are bent and make a 90-degree angle.
- Now push your body up into the starting position.
Best Biceps Exercises that you can do at your home
Biceps are the easiest part to grow in your arm. There are many exercises that you can do to enhance your biceps, but here are some at home arm workouts that will help you gain bigger and thicker biceps.
1. Bicep curls
Bicep curls and hammer curls are two very popular arm workouts that you must follow. The bicep curl is usually performed with dumbbells, but not everyone has dumbbells at home.
So here is a little twist, you can use resistance bands as an alternative for the dumbbells and yet produce the same visible results.
- For the workout, you must stand in the middle of the resistance band, and hand holds both the ends in each hand of yours.
- Make sure that both your arms are straight by your sides when you start the workout.
- Now bend your arms from the elbow and lift your hand towards the shoulder.
- Now slowly take your arm back into the starting position, and repeat the workout for your other arm.
2. Chin ups
Chin up is a little difficult at home arm workout that you can do though this is one of the best exercises for at home arm workouts You need a chin-up bar for performing the workout. You can also use any regular bar in your home; make sure that the bar is above your shoulder so that you could pull yourself up.
- Hold the bar with your hand in a way that your palms are facing your body. Make sure that both your hands are some inches apart.
- Now pull your body up until your chin is above the bar. While pulling your body up, you must use the force of your arms to train them.
- Now slowly move your body down, lower your body until your arms are straight.
These are the easy and effective exercises which you can follow as at home arm workouts to make your arms strong.